2017 marks the seventh year that Guildford Borough Council’s Playrangers will be celebrating Love Outdoor Play Week, in association with Re:Play, the play association of the South East of England.
This special week focuses on highlighting the play opportunities on offer in the fantastic green spaces across the South East.
It is an annual celebration with events organised all over the region to help children and young people get out and play; encouraging and promoting outdoor play, whatever the weather. Reminding play workers, community workers and families alike that outdoor play is not just for the summer.
Aims and objectives
- to raise awareness of rising levels of childhood obesity and to encourage more outdoor play
- to contribute towards making children more physically active
- to improve and maintain physical and mental health and overall well-being
- to encourage children and their families to be active in the outdoors by providing free activities at sites around their home and local communit
- to highlight the importance of play in children’s development and well-being
- to provide opportunities for children of all abilities and backgrounds to play together in their communities.
Join in the fun between March 20 and 24 during the usual weekly Playranger sessions:
- Monday, March 20: Pirbright Village Green GU24 0JE
- Tuesday March 21, Coronation Gardens, Ash Hill Road, Ash GU12 5DN
- Wednesday, March 22 Westborough play area, Park Barn Drive GU2 8EU
- Thursday, March 23, The Green, Oak Tree Drive, Bellfields, GU1 1JT
- Friday, March 24, Hornhatch Green, Chilworth, GU4 8AX
Each session runs daily after school, from 3.30pm to 5.30pm.
There will be a variety of playful, creative and sporty activities available daily on the theme of ‘Giant Games’; such as giant art, giant, smores, giant table football, giant bubbles – all in all there will be a giant amount of fun!