“No matter where you’re from, everyone’s local!”
“I had no idea there was so much going on”
We operate from custom built premises in North Road, Guildford, GU2 9PU.
Our specialist support workers provide a comprehensive range of services – at our centre – where we help people in areas such as cognitive rehabilitation and the wider range of issues arising from brain injury. We also work in the community supporting people in re-establishing a worthwhile and inclusive lifestyle.
We support others affected by brain injury – families, carers and friends – and we spend time trying to ensure that the public, at large, are aware of the issues affecting those with brain injury.
We need your help…
- In the centre supporting clients – handwriting, drawing, reading, form filling, planning, learning memory strategies, helping to answering questions, computer work, playing games (crossword, cards, Scrabble, pool) and of course conversation.
- Befriending volunteering – matching a person with brain injury with a volunteer who has similar interests.
- At home organising your own fundraising event – a coffee morning, sponsored walk, garage or jumble sale, raffle, tombola, quiz night, Christmas jumper day, mince pie morning, Hats for Headway Day and more.
- Out and about spreading information about Headway Surrey, telling friends and family, making sure there are leaflets in libraries, clinics and health centres.
- Helping at awareness events, social media support, office admin support, gardening or as a trustee.
Headway House, 21 North Road, Guildford, GU2 9PU