The debt counselling charity Christians Against Poverty (CAP) is opening a new job club in Guildford.
It will also help people who are considering their current employment alternatives.
The club is free and open to anyone.
It is offering a tailor-made course of eight sessions designed to equip people with practical tools to successfully find a job and increase their confidence.
There will also be one-to-one coaching with an experienced person who will encourage those members of the club to review and achieve their goals.
Time will be made available for members to build relationships and boost their confidence among others seeking employment.
The first eight-week course begins on Monday, February 27, from 10.30am to 12.30pm.
There will be tea and coffee on arrival followed by a light lunch.
For more information contact Clement De Souza on 07432 515410. She will be pleased to discuss how the course can benefit job seekers.
or send her an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 marks the seventh year that Guildford Borough Council’s Playrangers will be celebrating Love Outdoor Play Week, in association with Re:Play, the play association of the South East of England.
This special week focuses on highlighting the play opportunities on offer in the fantastic green spaces across the South East.
It is an annual celebration with events organised all over the region to help children and young people get out and play; encouraging and promoting outdoor play, whatever the weather. Reminding play workers, community workers and families alike that outdoor play is not just for the summer.
Aims and objectives
- to raise awareness of rising levels of childhood obesity and to encourage more outdoor play
- to contribute towards making children more physically active
- to improve and maintain physical and mental health and overall well-being
- to encourage children and their families to be active in the outdoors by providing free activities at sites around their home and local communit
- to highlight the importance of play in children’s development and well-being
- to provide opportunities for children of all abilities and backgrounds to play together in their communities.
Join in the fun between March 20 and 24 during the usual weekly Playranger sessions:
- Monday, March 20: Pirbright Village Green GU24 0JE
- Tuesday March 21, Coronation Gardens, Ash Hill Road, Ash GU12 5DN
- Wednesday, March 22 Westborough play area, Park Barn Drive GU2 8EU
- Thursday, March 23, The Green, Oak Tree Drive, Bellfields, GU1 1JT
- Friday, March 24, Hornhatch Green, Chilworth, GU4 8AX
Each session runs daily after school, from 3.30pm to 5.30pm.
There will be a variety of playful, creative and sporty activities available daily on the theme of ‘Giant Games’; such as giant art, giant, smores, giant table football, giant bubbles – all in all there will be a giant amount of fun!
The latest edition of the Joining In! booklet for Westborough and Park Barn is now published, containing details of things to do and how to get more involved in your community.
Once again, groups and organisations are listed with what they have to offer. There’s something of all interest for all ages!
Free copies have already been distributed to schools and churches.
Any other groups or persons who would like copies please contact David Rose on 07825 419408 or email to email@example.com
The Joining In! project aims to make it easy for local residents to find out how they can help out and volunteer in their neighbourhood.
To do that we need to make sure we have a good up to date list of all the opportunities there are for volunteering in both the Westborough and Park Barn area and also in Bellfields and Slyfield (Stoke ward).
We need a volunteer in each area to help us visit voluntary and community groups and find out what volunteer help they need and help them advertise these opportunities on the Joining In! website and in the Volunteer Centre.
If you like meeting people and believe that it’s good to get involved in helping out in your community then this is a role that will interest you. You will get full training lots of support from our team, hours are very flexible and can be arranged as to when you are available.
Contact us by filling out the application form by clicking here to Voluntary Action South West Surrey for the Westborough post and here to Voluntary Action South West Surrey for the Stoke post and we will get in touch and let you know more.
“Our focus is on creating a cohesive community network, whereby we can support groups and residents to assist each other in making Stoke a great place to live. “
Stoke (Bellfields and Slyfield) and Stoughton
Click tabs to see activities
Take Part, Get Involved - What Interests You?
- Bellfields Residents’ Association
- Community Wardens
- Crossroads Care Surrey
- Downsview Court Residents’ Association
- Energy Saving Advice and Guildford Repair Café
- Food Bank
- Furniture Link
- GAF (Guildford Action for Families)
- Guildford Action Day Service
- Lockwood Artists Group (LA)
- The Matrix Trust
- Motivate Stoke
- Neighbourhood Police
- The Samson Centre
- Surrey Choices Lockwood Centre
- Surrey Bike Project
- Surrey Fire Volunteer Service
Doing Great Things - Hobbies, Sports, Music, Crafts
Supervised and Safe - Baby and Toddler Groups
- Baby Massage
- Baby Weighing Clinic
- Fun on the Floor
- Guildford Children’s Centre
- Guildford Children’s Centre Nursery School
- Hazeltots Pre-School
- Home-Start Guildford
- Introducing solids
- Little Fishes Toddler Group
- New Baby Group
- Parenting Puzzle
- Play and Learn
- OPALS (for children with additional needs and their siblings)
- Snuggles and Cuddles Breastfeeding Group
- St John’s Toddler Group
- Zumba and Creche
Supervised and Safe - Fun Things for Children & Young People
- Beavers 2nd Guildford
- Bellfields Youth Club
- Brownies Girl Guiding Guildford (Hog’s Bag Division)
- Boys’ Brigade
- Challengers Guildford Youthscheme
- Cubs 2nd Guildford
- CHIPS Holiday Play Scheme
- Fab Friday Fun Club
- FISH (Fun In the School Holidays)
- Girls’ Brigade
- Girl Guides
- Kids’ Club
- National Citizenship Services
- Re:fresh Youth Club
- St John’s Youth Club