“I feel we are very fortunate living in Ash as there are many opportunities for people to get involved, make friends, learn new skills and be a part of the community we live in.
I hope you find something that interests you.”
Pauline Baxter, a local Ash volunteer
Volunteer with St John Ambulance
Our volunteers are the face of our charitable work. If you’re over 18, and want to help us save lives in your community, we’d love you to join our team. A range of opportunities are available.
Whatever your skills, there’s a volunteer role for you:
- First aider – Imagine how it would feel to be part of a team that saves lives. As a first aider, you’ll deliver care to people in need at public events in your community.
- Healthcare professionals – nurses, doctors and paramedics play a vital role for us at larger events. Clinical leaders support professional development help us keep our standards high.
- Working with young people – as a youth leader, you could teach life saving skills to the next generation, and offer them life changing opportunities.
- Management positions – whether it’s looking after your local unit, or supporting a number of units in your area, as a volunteer manager you’ll gain in experience and develop your skills, and help us deliver our life saving work.
- Specialist roles – we’re also looking for volunteers who can lend their expertise to roles such as safeguarding, human resources, quality assurance and health and safety.
What you’ll get in return:
Volunteer with us, and we’ll teach you first aid (whatever role you’ve signed up to), and provide you with equipment and uniform.
We’ll also make sure that you get all the training and support you need to excel in your role. All we ask in return is that you’re professional in your approach and committed to our life saving work.
Who can get involved? Adult volunteers need to be over 18 years old. Cadets for 10- to 18-year-olds
Young people can participate in more than 70 different subjects and help shape the future of the organisation and their local communities.
08700 104950 (ask for the regional volunteer HR team)